Ayurveda & Your Health
What Is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is the sister science of yoga — a 5,000 year old healing modality which understands that body, mind and spirit are inextricably linked.
Ayurveda uses an in-depth understanding of natural laws — including using diet and plants as medicine, natural lifestyle principles and therapeutic modalities (e.g. massage, aromatherapy) to support total, radiant health.
Ayurveda also teaches us that each individual has unique needs, depending on our natural constitution, our age, our lifestyle and our environment. Ayurveda invites us to create balance by honouring the needs of our inner and outer worlds.
In this 6-week online course, you’ll be introduced to some simple yet powerful principles to bring balance to your day-to-day life, including:
- Why your body is unique : Understanding the 3 Mind-Body Types
- Natural ways to support better digestion, elimination and metabolism;
- Introduction to the energetics of food and herbs;
- Exploring the Formation of Toxins : Physical, Genetic & Karmic
- Principles, therapies & herbs for cleansing, detoxification and chronic stress;
- Delicious recipes and self-care practices for energy and physical rejuvenation.
This course is ideal for you if:
- you want to explore natural, practical and time-tested principles for better health;
- you are ready to re-conceive your relationship with your body, to improve digestion, energy levels and overall health;
- you want to reduce stress levels and create more balance in your day-to-day life;
- you are interested in learning more about natural healing arts, yoga, or other spiritual practices.
No experience required. All welcome.
“I’m truly grateful for having Briya as my teacher. She carries warmth, understanding and no judgment. I look forward to many more teachings!” -Keely
“Briya is kind, bright, sunny, simple, convincing, clear and patient. One of the best investments I have ever made. I intend to deepen my understanding with Briya and her associates.” – Peter
Monday, September 11 – Oct 16 (5 weeks – no class October 9)
7 pm – 8:30 pm UTC (5 pm – 6:30 pm MST)
Advance registration is required. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 819-598-6380.
Full course contents are available here.