- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 cup rolled oats (ideally soaked overnight)
- 2 tablespoons raisins (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/3 cup organic milk or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon flax or hemp seeds
If you can, soak your oats overnight as they do in Scotland. (reduces acidity and aids digestion). Strain before cooking.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the water to a boil. Stir continuously, pour in the oats and then add the raisins, salt and spices.
Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches a smooth, creamy consistency, 7 to 9 minutes. Serve in a bowl with cream, milk and maple syrup.