This simple drink boosts the digestive function and metabolism, and helps to remove ama (toxins) from the body.
Here are some of the properties of this drink:
- Turmeric is known to be anti-cancer, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory. It supports glowing skin and eyes, balances intestinal flora and promotes flexibility in the body.
- Ginger provides support for most digestive issues, moving stagnant energies from the stomach and small intestine and boosting the metabolism.
- Raw, organic honey is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. In small quantities, it balances blood sugar levels and has a scraping action that helps to remove toxins from the digestive tract. Raw, organic honey is best for reducing kapha dosha.
Best for vata and kapha-type digestion. May aggravate those with excess of pitta dosha (use with care).
Serve warm, 5-30 minutes before meals.
- 1 thin slice of lemon ( with peel, with seeds removed)
- 1/2 tsp of fresh turmeric
- 1-2 teaspoon of honey (preferable to use raw & organic honey)
- ¾-inch fresh ginger
- 2 cups warm water
- pinch of fresh chili (optional for Kapha)
Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and blend for 2 minutes. Stain if desired and serve warm.
Inspired by The Book of Taste’s Wake Up Digestion Yellow Drink