This is a very easy recipe that can be whipped up in a matter of seconds for friends (or for yourself).
Sesame is used in India as both a medicine and for spiritual purposes. It is said to be a tonic for the brain, to increase the internal fire, strengthen the hair, teeth and body and destroy phlegm.
Ideal for the Vata dosha. Can be eaten in moderation by Pitta doshas. It has been recommended that those suffering from candida should avoid sesame seeds.
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup raw honey (preferably local)
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds, ground in blender
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter or tahini
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut plus additional for garnish
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together until it forms a stiff and crumbly dough. Roll into balls. To garnish, you can roll them in additional coconut or sesame seeds.