Self-Awareness For Teams is a 5-part series introducing to the practice of mindfulness and self-awareness in the workplace.
Participants will learn:
Research has shown that the practice of mindfulness and meditation generate the greatest benefits when practiced over time. The Self-Awareness for Teams Corporate Training Series is composed of 5-modules, allowing your team to gain a solid foundation in theory, principles and practice over time.
Each module is designed to be 4-hours in duration and can be scheduled at your convenience, ideally over a 6-12 month period.
Each session combines guided mindfulness practices, discussions around the practical applications at work and at home, and a theoretical exploration of the essential principles of self-awareness and meditation.
Module 1: Introduction to Mindfulness at Work
- An Introduction to Mindfulness;
- Impacts of Stress on the Body, Mind and Emotions;
- Evidence-based findings on using mindfulness as a tool for stress-reduction & personal well-being;
- Your Brain On Mindfulness/Meditation;
- Exploring the Stress-Breath Connection;
- Guided mindfulness meditation and breathing exercises.
Module 2 : Applying Mindfulness In Your Daily Life
- Exploring the Physical, Social/Environmental, Emotional, Mental Aspects of Mind-Body Wellness;
- 7 Essential Activities for a Healthy Mind;
- Mindfulness Challenges: Staying Present in Difficult Situations;
- Gentle stretching exercises, breathing exercises, guided meditation, and a body-scan.
Module 3 : Self-Awareness, Identity & Diversity
- The Potential of Self-awareness: Build Trust, Effective Communication and Better work relationships;
- Harnessing the Potential of Diversity: The Brain’s Response to Diversity & Its Potential for Innovation (e.g. diversity of opinions, educational background, culture and/or personalities);
- Gentle stretching exercises, group discussions, breathing exercises and guided meditations.
Module 4: The Power of Your Presence: Self-Awareness & Diversity
- Exploring the Power of Presence for Impact and Collaboration;
- Self-Awareness As a Leadership Tool;
- Multi-Tasking and Your Brain;
- Gentle stretching exercises, breathing exercises and guided meditation.
Module 5: Mindfulness for Innovation, Logic & Business Strategy
- The Impacts of Stress on Creativity and Resourcefulness;
- The Benefits of Meditation & Mindfulness on The Neocortex: Executive Function, Logic, Business Strategy & Creativity);
- Gentle stretching exercises, breathing exercises, group exercises and guided meditation.
Who Can Benefit?
Everyone and anyone can benefit from these simple practices. There are several studies that show the benefits of mindfulness and meditation practices, including:
- Higher brain functioning
- Increased immune function
- Lowered blood pressure and heart rate
- Increased awareness
- Increased attention and focus
- Increased clarity in thinking and perception
- Lower anxiety levels
- Experience of being calm and naturally happy
Cost vary depending on the course format, length and number of participants.
Trainings can be offered at a retreat centre in nature, or at a site that you provide (e.g. your workplace, retreat centre, conference centre).
Presentation can be done in French, English or in both official languages.
Briya (Rachel) Freeman has been offering courses and workshops in meditation, mindfulness and practical stress-management in both corporate and private settings since 2011.
Briya is a certified as a facilitator and wellness coach under Berdhanya Swami Tierra (2011). She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from the University of Ottawa’s Telfer School of Management (2006), studies in international business from l’Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Rouen (Rouen, France, 2004), studies in the ayurvedic science of natural health (Anjali School of Ayurveda and Panchakarma, 2012-2015), as well as 10+ years in the study and practice of meditation, mindfulness and natural health.
Her work has been published in Ayurveda Mantra, an international journal on natural healing and wellness.
Contact Briya Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your group’s needs or to schedule your training.