This simple salad makes a delicious side dish, especially in the summer months when garden herbs are abundant. In the winter, you can substitute the fresh herbs with grated carrot.
Seaweed has a very high iron content, and is nourishing to the blood and plasma. It helps to strengthen digestion, counteract obesity and is anti-aging. Arame is especially good for the female reproductive system.
- 1 cup arame
- 1/3 cup dulse flakes
- 1-4 tbsps of sesame seeds, hemp seeds and/or sunflower seeds (your choice)
- 1 tsp organic cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- approx. 4 tbsp of your choice of fresh herbs: basil, mint, dill, cilantro and/or parsley
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- two pinches of salt or 1/2 tsp wheat-free tamari
- Optional: 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- Optional: 1 green scallion, chopped
Rinse the seaweed and soak for 20 minutes in warm water. Strain and rinse again. Mix all the ingredients in a medium bowl, and toss lightly. Cover and let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.