Almond milk is a great natural energy drink that is nourishing, calming and sattvic.
According to Dr. Vasant Lad, giving your children almond milk before bed and making time for an oil-based head and foot massage will help your children be very loving, compassionate and well-behaved.
It also works on adults!
- 2 cups raw almonds, ideally soaked overnight
- 4 cups water
- 2 dates or 1 tablespoon coconut sugar, maple syrup or xylitol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon rosewater (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom powder
- Cover the almonds in water and let them soak overnight on the counter.
- In the morning, strain and rinse the almonds.
- Combine fresh water, dates, vanilla, rosewater and a pinch of the pink Himalayan salt into a blender or Vitamix for about 2 minutes.
- You may want to strain the milk through a thin stainer or cheesecloth. (With a Vitamix, you won’t need to).
Serve at room temperature. Will stay fresh for up to 24 hours.