“All we want is the brilliance, smartness, charisma and joy of the Sun.
Fire ceremonies put before you a feast of these qualities.”
– Berdhanya Swami Tierra
Agni Hotra: The Practice of Fire Ceremony
Earth-based cultures have long recognized the power of fire ceremony to purify and enhance our relationship to the natural world. Working with the element of fire can promote purification and self-transformation, and support the inner fire of our will, intellect and personal power. It also brings physical, spiritual and environmental benefits, including the reduction of stress and the promotion of calm, healing and meditative energy.
What Is Agni Hotra?
Agni means fire and hotra means healing.
Agni hotra is a fire ceremony originating from the ancient Vedic science of Ayurveda. This practice is not associated with any religion but based in an understanding of natural laws and the principles of the elements. Agni hotra can be performed by anyone of pure intention.
The agni hotra fire ceremony is performed at sunrise or sunset, and takes about 5 minutes to perform. This simple ceremony uses natural elements such as rice, cow dung, ghee, a copper pyramid and mantra (vibrational language).
Agni hotra heals through its smoke and through the subtle, healing energy that it creates, bringing healing benefits to the physical, subtle and environmental planes.
The Benefits of Fire Ceremony (Agni Hotra)
“You heal the environment and the environment heals you.”
The benefits of agni hotra include:
Promoting Mental, Emotional & Spiritual Wellness
- Removing stress and tension in mind and environment
- Clearing negative thought patterns and establishing a positive outlook characterized by love;
- Reduction of anger, addictions and self destructive habits;
- Promotes healing vibrations in your home and enhancing the practice of meditation;
- Nourishing plant life and neutralizes harmful radiation and pathogenic bacteria;
- Benefits farmers & agricultural (up to 150 acres) growing vegetables, fruits, grains, etc., without chemical fertilizers, insecticides, pesticides and herbicides;
- Introduction of mini-climate techniques that become self-operating based on the phases of sun and moon.
- Purification of the air we breathe by removal of toxins in the atmosphere (e.g. chemtrails);
- Neutralization of radiation
- Purification of contaminated water.
- Ayurveda uses both the atmosphere generated by the fire and the ashes in the prevention and curing of diseases (serving as a medicine for humans, plants and animals);
Today, the healing ceremony of agni hotra is being performed by thousands of people around the world (e.g. North America, South America, and Western and Eastern Europe) for various healing, spiritual, environmental and agricultural benefits.
It is generally difficult to believe in the benefits of something without actually experiencing it in person. However, the benefits of agni hotra have been studied scientifically, and there are some very powerful testimonies from people around the world who have benefited from its practice.
How Can I Learn Agni Hotra?
Join us Friday, September 28 at 6pm at Inner Revolution Yoga in Kanata, Ottawa. This course is offered free of charge; advance registration is required.
Friday, September 28 from 6-7:30 pm
Inner Revolution Yoga,
700 March Road, Suite 200
Cost & Registration: This training is offered free of charge, although advance registration is required. Please visit https://innerrevolution.ca/workshops/ to register.
About Your Facilitators
Briya Freeman has been teaching courses in meditation and natural healing since 2011. As a guide and facilitator, she is known to be insightful, heartfelt and revitalizing.
Briya holds over 10 years in practice and study in ayurveda, energy medicine and natural healing traditions. She is a long-term student of Berdhanya Swami Tierra, a female mystic and shaman of South American origin.
Satkiana Shaw has been a seeker of spiritual truth and personal freedom since her early teens. She is a certified Holistic Spiritual Counselor, Ayurvedic Practitioner and a Meditation and Bioenergetics Instructor. She has been studying with spiritual teacher Berdhanya Swami Tierra for 18 years and teaches the foundation course for Berdhanya’s teachings, Practical Awakening. She is presently developing a counseling practice, focusing on holistic well-being for women and children. Satkiana is also mother of a sweet 7 year-old boy and has a big heart for the sacred journey of motherhood. For more information, visit: www.innertruthcounselling.com
Learn More About Agni Hotra: