- 1/4 cup basmati rice
- 6-8 cups water
- 1/2 cup tender greens, chopped (kale, leek, asparagus, zucchini, rapini, chinese greens, etc)
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup, grated carrot
- 1/2 tbsp, ground fennel seed
- 1/8 tbsp, ground cumin
- 1/8 tbsp, gound coriander
- 1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- Sea salt or rock salt to taste
Bring water to a boil on the stove. Rinse rice several times and drain, and add the rice. Add vegetables and spices. Once the water starts to boil, turn the heat to low, cover the pot and let it simmer for 60-80 minutes.
Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy warm or at room temperature.