When you learn to make a really good chutney, you can impress all of your non-vegetarian friends.
Cilantro is not only delicious, but it also helps us to purify deep toxins which have been stored in the body. Fresh cilantro is balancing for all 3 doshas.
- 1 bunch chopped organic cilantro leaf (approx. 2 cups)
- 2/3 cup cashews or almonds
- 1 ancho chili or other mild chil
- 1 tsp. shredded fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- ½ tsp. lime or lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- A little water to blend
- Combine all ingredients and blend together to a thin paste. Add salt to taste.
- You can use this chutney with cooked veggies, rice and other grains and flatbreads.