A 3-part corporate training series to introduce mindfulness and meditation as tools for stress-resilience and workplace well-being.
Courses are each 3-hours in duration and can be scheduled at your convenience over a 6 month period.
- Practical knowledge and evidence-based research;
- Guided breathing practices, meditations and body-scans;
- Gentle stretching exercises (suitable for all levels);
- Self-reflection exercises and small group discussions.
Part I : Introduction to Mindfulness at Work
- An Introduction to Mindfulness;
- Impacts of Stress on the Body, Mind and Emotions;
- Evidence-based findings on using mindfulness as a tool for stress-reduction & personal well-being;
- Your Brain On Mindfulness/Meditation;
- Exploring the Stress-Breath Connection;
- Guided mindfulness meditation and breathing exercises.
Part II : Applying Mindfulness In Your Daily Life
- Exploring the Physical, Social/Environmental, Emotional, Mental Aspects of Mind-Body Wellness;
- 7 Essential Activities for a Healthy Mind;
- Mindfulness Challenges: Staying Present in Difficult Situations;
- Gentle stretching exercises, breathing exercises, guided meditation, and body-scan.
Part III : Exploring The Power of Presence
- Exploring the Power of Presence for Impact and Collaboration;
- Self-Awareness As a Leadership Tool;
- Multi-Tasking and Your Brain;
- Gentle stretching exercises, breathing exercises and guided meditation.
At the completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the definition of mindfulness and the practices which develop mindfulness;
- Identify at least four benefits of the effects of mindfulness and meditation in the workplace;
- Bring basic methods for mindful awareness into their day-to-day activities;
- Understand the role of self-awareness and focused attention in the practice of mindfulness;
- Incorporate practical tools for stress-reduction, such as walking meditations and/or body-scans, into their daily routines
- Identify at least four ways to reduce stress and improve personal wellness through physical, social/environmental, emotional and mental considerations.
Who Can Benefit?
Everyone and anyone can benefit from these simple practices. There are several studies that show the benefits of mindfulness and meditation practices, including:
- Higher brain functioning
- Increased immune function
- Lowered blood pressure and heart rate
- Increased awareness
- Increased attention and focus
- Increased clarity in thinking and perception
- Lower anxiety levels
- Experience of being calm and naturally happy
Cost vary depending on the course format, length and number of participants.
Trainings can be offered at a retreat centre in nature, or at a site that you provide (e.g. your workplace, retreat centre, conference centre).
Presentation can be done in French, English or in both official languages.
Briya (Rachel) Freeman has been offering courses and workshops in meditation, mindfulness and practical stress-management in both corporate and private settings since 2011.
Briya is a certified as a facilitator and wellness coach under Berdhanya Swami Tierra (2011). She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from the University of Ottawa’s Telfer School of Management (2006), studies in international business from l’Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Rouen (Rouen, France, 2004), studies in the ayurvedic science of natural health (Anjali School of Ayurveda and Panchakarma, 2012-2015), as well as 10+ years in the study and practice of meditation, mindfulness and natural health. Briya’s work has been published in Ayurveda Mantra, an international journal on natural healing and wellness.
Contact Briya Freeman at email@example.com to discuss your group’s needs or to schedule your training.