This recipe is balancing for all three doshas.
- 2-3 large fennel bulbs with tops
- 1/2 cup ghee or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole fennel seeds
- salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F. Coat a baking dish with olive oil or ghee (9x 13 inch works)
2. Cut off fennel tops from bulb and chop loosely
3. Cut the fennel bulbs into quarters, lengthwise and place into a baking pan.
4. Toss the fennel top choppings on top of the bulbs, and drizzle with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and fennel seeds.
5. Bake until tender, about 30 minutes.
Source: Heaven’s Banquet by Miriam Kasin Hospodar