The Bliss Compress (Forehead Pichu)
The Bliss Compress is a powerful treatment to relieve mental tension and stress in the mind. It can be done at home and is simple to do, and only takes about 10 minutes. Great before bed.
- reduces anxiety, lack of focus or restlessness;
- relieves mental stress & tension and supports mental clarity & focus;
- promotes emotional balance & a calm, relaxed and joyful state of mind;
- This treatment also supports conditions related to dryness, including lower back pain, constipation, migraines and kidney problems.
- a piece of cloth, about the size of a napkin or bandana (i.e. cotton, linen or flannel)
- 1/4 cup of plain unrefined sesame oil or see options below
- Optional: a cup warmer or oil warmer (in case the oil gets cool)
- You will want to perform this treatment in a clean, relaxed atmosphere. For best results, you can do this treatment after a self-massage and/or a warm epsom salt bath. Prepare a comfortable place where you can lie down and be warm and relaxed. Optional to set up a blanket, candles, incense or relaxing music.
- Warm the oil.
- Soak the middle of the folded cloth in the oil. Lay comfortably on your back, placing the cloth across the forehead, so that the warm oil touches the marma point in the middle of the forehead (also called the third eye).
- Relax with eyes closed for approximately 10 minutes. Rest.
- Optional to re-warm the oil if it cools and enjoy this treatment for up to 30 minutes.
Selecting An Oil For Your Dosha
Plain, unrefined sesame oil works well for all 3 doshas. If you know your type and want to balance it, you can also select one of the following oils:
- 1/2 cup warm sesame oil
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or
- 1/4 cup coconut oil and 1/4 cup ghee or
- 1/4 cup coconut oil and 1/4 cup milk or
- equal parts coconut oil, ghee and cool milk + 2-3 tsps rosewater
- 1/2 cup warm sesame oil or
- 1/4 cup warm sesame oil and 1/4 cup warm coconut oil
- 3 tbsp ginger tea and warm sesame oil