Panchakarma is a powerful, beautiful and gentle program used in ayurveda to detoxify and rejuvenate the body-mind. It is serves to balance the doshas, prevent disease and promote balanced tissues and longevity.
The benefits of panchakarma include:
- Greater immunity, vitality and strength (increases ojas);
- Improves and regulates the major systems of the body, including the digestive and nervous systems;
- Reduces stress levels; improves mental calm and clarity;
- Reduces insomnia, anxiety, depression, irritability, anger and/or mental agitation;
- Increases skin’s glow and luster;
- Revitalizes sexual function and/or low libido (e.g. can be done before conceiving a child)
- Reduces dependency on external stimulants (alcohol, coffee, sugar drugs) (increases natural energy);
- Reverses the aging process;
- Can be used to prevent and treat more complex health issues;
- Supports the transformation of consciousness.
Panchakarma is best performed in the fall or winter, supported by an ayurvedic doctor or therapist.
Read more about panchakarma here