For those new to ayurveda, here are 5 resources that I would recommend checking out:
1. Eat-Taste-Heal: An Ayurvedic Cookbook for Modern Living (Dr. Thomas Yarema, Daniel Rhoda and Johnny Brannigan) : Written by a medical doctor, a patient and an internationally acclaimed chef, this gorgeous compilation of recipes and lifestyle tips is sure to inspire.
2. Absolute Beauty: Radiant Skin and Inner Harmony Through the Ancient Secrets of Ayurveda (by Pratima Raichur) – Ayurvedic lifestyle and philosophy focusing on inner and outer beauty. Includes perfume recipes for each dosha, detailed steps for self-massage and a simple ayurvedic detox program (panchakarma) that you can do at-home.
3. A Woman’s Best Medicine and/or The Ageless Woman: Natural Health and Beauty After Forty with Maharishi Ayurveda (both by Dr. Nancy Lorndsdorf) : Some of my first books on Ayurveda, which explain lifestyle and dietary principles unique to women, including a monthly cleansing regime. Maharishi’s Transcendental Mediation program was one of the first in the West to test Vedic principles using the western scientific method.
4. Annapurna’s Prasad and Health and Consciousness Through Cleansing and Fasting (Dr. Nibodhi Haas) : Ayurvedic principles and delicious recipes from Amma’s ashram.
5. The Book of Taste (Berdhanya Swami Tierra): This local, online website created by my teacher, with contributions from some amazing cooks and herbalists in my community. Get on their newsletter! Includes The Book of Vata, The Book of Pitta and The Book of Kapha, as well modern and international recipes.
Hope you enjoy!