Your liver is an incredible organ, and one of your body’s largest (second only to your skin, which is larger and heavier). It plays a primordial role in your digestion, energy levels, immunity and your emotional stability. Spring is the ideal time to support your liver, according to Chinese Medicine. It’s an especially important focus for those of the pitta constitution or those with pitta imbalances.
The basic functions of the liver are: :
- filtering out the harmful substances from what you consume (eat, drink, breathe, etc);
- aiding digestion and the breaking down of fat;
- defending you against infections;
- supporting the regulation of hormones;
- regulating your body’s energy, storing vitamins, nutrients and iron;
- helping to maintain a balanced state of mind.
read more on your liver here