The signs and symptoms of toxic build-up (called ama in ayurveda) are common.
Here are a few:
- you have a hard time getting up in the morning, even after a good night’s sleep
- you feel sluggish, lazy, tired and/or rely on stimulants (such as sugar or caffeine) for energy
- have generalized aches and pains in your body
- you frequently catch colds or have infections
- your skin has acne, blemishes, rashes, psoriasis, eczema or other inflammations
- you frequently have gas and/or bloating
- your tongue has a strange white coating
- you have body odour and/or bad breath
- you lack mental energy or a hard time concentrating
It’s normal to feel a rise in these signs and symptoms of toxins in the spring.
Check out the following self-test to know your level of toxic build-up. A great resource if you are considering a spring cleanse or trying to introduce healthier habits for the coming season.
Cleansing is not recommended for those who are pregnant, nursing or have health complications. Please consult with a trusted health care professional before undertaking any major lifestyle or dietary changes.