This sweet, vata-reducing recipe is a great accompaniement to any meal. Carrots are an excellent source of Vitamin A (beta-carotene), a natural antioxidant essential for tissue growth in the body.
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp raisins
- sea salt or rock salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
Steam cook the carrot for 5-6 minutes until fork tender. Heat ghee in a pan until melted, and add raisins, sautéing briefly. Once the raisins plump up, add carrot, ginger, cardamom, salt and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, zest and parsley. Serve warm.